Tonight I'm feeling unhappy.
Has it got to do with something that someone pointed out today, whether or not it was true? Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe just a little. Yes, just a little. I have decided that it wasn't worth my time or energy being upset with what other people think of me. I have decided that I would base my self worth on my own perceptions, not others'. Especially when they weren't true, and were mainly inaccurate interpretations of my personality.
While tossing and turning on my bed just a while ago, something crossed my mind. It's true that I do have a tendency of sticking to my comfort zone. Just like sometimes how I would choose to spend time with him, rather than going out to meet people, simply because I am comfortable with him. Maybe from now onwards, I shouldn't and I wouldn't.
So I do have my guilty moments of cosying up to my comfort zone... but I do believe that I have done as much as I could to break my level of comfort. I believe that I am meant for greater things in life and have taken some steps (albeit small ones) to achieve some certain goals. It's true that most of these successes have not materialised. And until now, at the age of 26, I am still rather clueless about how to go about realising them.
And this is probably what I am unhappy about tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jump out from your comfort zone and you will be happy then?!!?
Post a Comment